The holidays are all about being merry and sharing some time with your closest friends—and what better way to do that than with a festive cocktail party?! I’ll admit, the hardest part of planning a holiday cocktail party is choosing which concoctions to serve! Don’t worry, though. I have ideas for both alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks—and even some snacks—that will be guaranteed hits at your cocktail party! Follow along with my guide for everything you need to planning the perfect gathering—drinks, appetizers, rental table linen and more!
Alcoholic Drink Options
- “The Blizzard”—A drink of brandy, Irish cream, coffee liqueur, white rum and, for a sugary sweet touch, ice cream!
- “The Spicy Gingerman ”—With a mix of vanilla vodka, hazelnut liqueur, butterscotch schnapps and ginger beer, The Spicy Gingerman is the perfect combination of traditional and unexpected! Adorn each drink with a cinnamon stick for a picture-perfect final touch.
- “The Noel Spritzer”—This drink is a simple but elegant mix of chilled chardonnay, cran-apple juice and sparkling water. Add in an apple slice and mint spring for gorgeous garnish.
- “The Crimson Crush”—The Crimson Crush is a luxurious drink with a minimalistic ingredients list. Simply combine the vodka of your choice with elderflower liqueur, pomegra
Non-Alcoholic Drink Options
- Sparkling Raspberry Mocktail—A drink without alcoholic can be just as scrumptious as ones with! Case in point? The Sparkling Raspberry Mocktail. This chic drink combines frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate with water, sparkling white grapefruit juice and raspberries. For added elegance, serve your drinks in a gold sparkle champagin flute.
- “The Grinch Spritzer”—Get in the holiday spirit with the Grinch Spritzer! Just mix together one part lime sherbert and one part sprite, and your guests’ hearts will be growing for this drink in no time!
Fix Up a Snack Bar
At your party, your guests may work up an appetite. No one will expect you to cook up a five-course meal for your cocktail party, but they will appreciate a delightful assortment of sweet and savory snacks! Try serving any of these simple yet sophisticated appetizer treats to your guests:
- Cinnamon candied pecans
- Cranberry brie bites
- Roasted mushrooms with garlic and thyme
- A classic charcuterie and cheese plate, complete with your meats of choice, a sharp cheese, a soft cheese, dried apricots, olives, walnuts, fig jam, crackers and more
- Bacon-wrapped pineapple
- Mini pumpkin cheesecakes with gingersnap crusts
What do you have planned for your holiday cocktail party? Let me know by leaving a comment below!
Photo Credit: Revel Decor / Bridgeport Art Center
Products Used: Coastal Class