Remember my wedding quiz from a few months ago? I’ve already given advice for the traditional and vintage weddings, and now I’m here to give ideas for the bohemian brides! If you got the bohemian style, follow my advice for attire, rental table linen, food, drink and décor!
In my opinion, bohemian brides have some of the most stunning styles. Here are just a few of the options you can go with for your wedding day dress and accessories.
- Headpieces‚ Some brides love the look of a veil. A bohemian bride, however, may opt for something a little less traditional, like a stunning headpiece. These headpieces could be made of anything from lace, beads, crystals or feathers.
- Flower crowns‚ These are another perfectly bohemian idea! You can either use faux flowers, or you can have your florist create one for you with fresh daisies and other fun flowers.
- Vintage lace dress‚ While any lace dress will be completely fitting for a bohemian wedding, a vintage dress fits with the free spirit vibe of this theme.
Food, Drinks & Dessert
The menu for your wedding can be eclectic yet savory! You can offer seared lamb chops, chicken marsala and penne pasta with pesto for the main course. Grilled asparagus, sundried tomatoes and roasted acorn squash make for perfect sides. You can also offer quinoa and kale patties. Serve up white peach sangria, sparkling cranberry tea and Arnold Palmers (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) for guests to wash down the delicious meal. For dessert, offer a bohemian-esque naked cake (which has no icing on the sides, only between the layers) or a vanilla cake with white icing, accented with fresh berries. For all of these, choose a rental table cloth and runner that matches your color scheme for the ultimate presentation.
A bohemian wedding provides you with tons of wedding décor ideas. Here are some of my favorites:
- Canopy lights for a barn‚ Want to take this idea to the next level? Drape simple white cotton or chiffon fabric.
- Bunted triangle in a floral print‚ This would make a sweet addition as the backdrop for your cake table with a blush pink rental table cloth.
- Homemade wooden alter‚ Draped in white rental table linen and cream and white florals, this idea will look perfect for a bohemian wedding.
- Floral centerpieces‚ Try daisies, peonies and hydrangeas in pastel colors like peach, coral, white, sage green and more.
Give your guests a little something to remember your bohemian bash by with fun favors. Try any of the following:
- Homemade jam‚ This is a sweet idea that fits well into the bohemian wedding theme. Bonus points if you created it from your homegrown fruit!
- Tiny succulents‚ You adore all things related to nature, so spread this love to your guests with succulents in potted plants.
What are your favorite ideas for a bohemian wedding? Let me know by leaving a comment below!