Machine OperatorApply Now
BBJ’s corporate headquarters are located just outside of Chicago in Niles, IL. As the largest linen rental company in the nation, we have sales teams, event designers and/or showrooms in select major cities across the United States.
Since 1983, BBJ has been the leader and pioneer in linen rental for the event industry. BBJ established the linen rental sector of the special event industry and continually strives to bring our clients the best products available nationwide. For many years, our talented designers and procurement teams have traveled the globe with a keen eye, choosing textiles and patterns that are unparalleled and unsurpassed in the industry. For more information, visit us at www.bbjlinen.com, and connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BBJLinen/ or Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bbjlinen/ or Twitter: https://twitter.com/bbjlinen
Machine Operators install, maintain, and operate machinery. They must have a strong understanding of the machines they work with. In-depth training may be required in order to prepare a Machine Operator for their daily duties.
Machine Operators may work with mechanical or computer operated equipment. They must be technically inclined and be able to properly utilize tools and machinery. Since problems with machinery may arise, Machine Operators must be able to analyze situations and find solutions.
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, and repair of machinery
• Operate tools in order to aid in the fabrication process
• Perform periodic checks on equipment and solve problems as detected
• Work with others in order to ensure that equipment is in proper working order
• Observe and follow company safety rules and regulations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
• Experience in a warehouse environment is a plus
• Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
• Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
• Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
• High School Diploma/GED
• Aptitude for math, problem-solving, computers, and mechanics
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work and communicate well with others
• Ability to lift up to 70lbs
• Ability to work in a fast-moving environment
• Proficiency with hand tools
• Experience using cutting machine by either Tukatech or Gerber is a must
• Willing to perform repetitive tasks for extended periods