Director of OperationsApply Now
BBJ’s corporate headquarters are located just outside of Chicago in Niles, IL. As the largest linen rental company in the nation, we have sales teams, event designers and/or showrooms in select major cities across the United States.
Since 1983, BBJ Linen has been the leader and pioneer in linen rental for special events. Earning a reputation of prominence through our passion for design and trends, our pursuit of fresh ideas, and our partnerships with those who share our central values of innovation, inspiration, and collaboration.
In 2020 BBJ Linen entered a new exciting chapter, welcoming La Tavola to our story. Uniting BBJ and La Tavola represented an exhilarating revolution to the event industry. By joining forces, we are combining the best in-depth, breadth of product, and brand excellence, ensuring our clients have unprecedented opportunities from one source. We are excited to have La Tavola as part of our family.
We offer a suite of services that spans specialty linen, linen accessories, chargers, spandex, chair décor, and set & strike production. For more information, visit us at www.bbjlinen.com, and connect with us on:
The Director of Operations will encourage an engaged senior management team and guard our values. This individual will analyze data and metrics to evaluate staff performance, lead and encourage employees to maximize performance, and ensure a strong talent pipeline. In addition, the Director of Operations will collaborate with human resources to create and implement succession plans for key management and supervisors, and advance cohesion between various internal departments.
To be successful in this role you will ensure quality of operations and customer service, inspire staff to give their all, and expand the company’s footprint and strengthen their reputation.
- Playing a leading role in compiling company budget and growth strategy.
- Executing strategies to optimize company and asset growth.
- Ensuring expertise and effectiveness across operating platforms.
- Creating strategies to challenge theft and stock losses and implementing initiatives to reduce company costs.
- Creating financial reports.
- Driving employees and leading performance reviews, to ensure engaged and skilled workforce.
- Initiating better business practices.
- Collaborating with leadership to build an environment of collective responsibility and accountability.
- Ensuring adherence to key performance objectives to meet business and customer expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration.
- 5+ years of experience managing a complex enterprise’s human resources, finances, operations or strategies.
- Proven ability of managing budgets in a similar role.
- Proficient operational and financial acumen.
- Strong ethical leadership abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong people skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Ability to make projections three years into the future.