Administrative SpecialistApply Now
BBJ’s corporate headquarters are located just outside of Chicago in Niles, IL. As the largest linen rental company in the nation, we have sales teams, event designers and/or showrooms in select major cities across the United States.
Since 1983, BBJ has been the leader and pioneer in linen rental for the event industry. BBJ established the linen rental sector of the special event industry and continually strives to bring our clients the best products available nationwide. For many years, our talented designers and procurement teams have traveled the globe with a keen eye, choosing textiles and patterns that are unparalleled and unsurpassed in the industry. For more information, visit us at www.bbjlinen.com, and connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BBJLinen/ or Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/bbjlinen/ or Twitter: https://twitter.com/bbjlinen
This Administrative Specialist will assist management and all visitors to the company by handling office tasks, providing polite and professional assistance via phone, mail, and e-mail, and generally being a helpful and positive presence in the workplace.
To be successful as an Administrative Specialist, this person should be professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate. They should always be prepared and responsive, willing to meet each challenge directly. They must be comfortable with computers, general office tasks, and excel at both verbal and written communication.
• Provide daily administrative support and handle administrative requests and queries from senior managers.
• Greet visitors and point them in the right direction, answer inquiries, and create a welcoming environment.
• Answering and directing phone calls to relevant staff.
• Act as the point of contact for internal and external clients.
• Handling office tasks, such as filing, generating reports and presentations, setting up for meetings, and reordering supplies.
• Take the lead and control certain special projects and area wide initiatives.
• Processing and directing mail and incoming packages or deliveries.
• Anticipate the needs of others in order to ensure their seamless and positive experience.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Associate degree is preferred.
• 2-3 years of clerical, secretarial, or office experience.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Comfortable with routinely shifting demands.
• High degree of attention to detail.
• Data entry experience.
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Working knowledge of general office equipment.
• Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.