Now that winter is finally here, I’m trying to come up with a bunch of ways to decorate for festive, seasonally-appropriate parties. Silver and gold are the perfect colors for setting the mood of a winter wonderland, what with the sparkles and glitz. Check out these 25 ideas for how you can turn your event into a glittery, glamorous party.
- Dip chocolate-covered fortune cookies in gold dust.
- Use edible silver and gold spray paint to give everyday dessert items, like sugar cookies or apples, added glamour.
- Create a gorgeous display of macarons dusted with edible gold glitter.
- If you’re a skilled baker, try making a gold sequin cake.
- Serve your appetizers and entrees on posh silver platters, and provide guests with gold silverware.
- Rim cocktail glasses with gold or silver sanding sugars.
- Whip up some batch cocktails, perhaps using recipes that include Goldschlager liqueur for an additional burst of real gold.
- Serve all-gold drinks, like the Texas Gold Margarita, the Gold Rush, and , of course, champagne.
- Or, go for the silver route with silver tequila margaritas, the Fire and Ice Martini and the Melon Mint and Prosecco.
- Serve drinks with adorable straws with silver and gold patterns.
Rental Table Linen
- Let a stunning silver sequin table cloth take center stage by using minimal table accessories. Use simple white floral arrangements as the centerpieces, and accent with simple white napkins and charger plates.
- Swag a silver sparkle overlay over a plain gold table cloth.
- Use black table cloths and accent them with gold or silver napkins, runners, and chair accessories.
- Alternatively, use silver or gold table cloths and accent them with black napkins and runners.
- Accent jewel-toned table linens with metallic accessories such as table runners to create the illusion of jewelry.
- Use coordinating shades of all gold or all silver in different textures or fabrics for each aspect of the table linen look—the table cloth, runner, napkins, and more.
- Create a dramatic look with one large silver vase filled with fresh white peonies and gold floral accents.
- Place gold-glitter candles atop bright silver candle holders or candelabras.
- Place silver pomanders on top of large golden candlesticks.
- Incorporate painted accent sticks or ribbons into your bouquets.
- Fill glass bowls with gold and silver ornaments for a festive look.
- Identify each table with a gold glitter number.
- Or, create glitzy gold name cards for individual seating.
- Use gold glitter votives filled with plain white candles.
- String up gold and silver party lights around the room.
- Hang silver and gold paper lanterns for an intimate lighting effect.
For more silver and gold event ideas, connect with us on Instagram!
Photo Credit: Debi Lilly / A Perfect Event
Products Used: Gold Tori Overlay