Emeralds, rubies, opals and sapphires—I love them all! Jewel tones have such an air of elegance to them, and that’s why I think these work so well for as a color scheme! This theme works perfectly for events of all kinds, including birthday parties, office parties, black-tie affairs and more. See how you can incorporate these colors into the menu, rental table linen and other decor of your event!
- Create a fruit bar complete with deeper-colored fruits, like blackberries, raspberries, grapes and plums. Use a sequin table overlay to add contrast.
- Mix up a gorgeous salad with dark green leaves with goat cheese and deep ruby craisins for a tasty jewel-toned look.
- If you’re hosting a brunch wedding, mix in a few drops of food dye to your waffle or pancake mix for a fun way to incorporate jewel tones.
- Try creating some seersucker cocktails. These orange drinks only need three ingredients: pineapple juice, sweet tea vodka and citrus soda. Add grenadine for a deeper ruby color.
- Coconut lavender lemonade is a luxurious jewel-toned drink for those who prefer non-alcoholic refreshments. Simply mix lemon juice, sugar, coconut water, water and lavender simple syrup together. Of course, you can add some coconut rum to this drink if you want, too!
- Take your ice to the next level by freezing various fruits, like ruby red pomegranate seeds, into the ice. To make your ice clear, boil it first.
- Love the look of a clean, white layered cake? You can still use this for your jewel-toned event! Simply dye the layers of the cake a deep color, like royal blue.
- Blueberry cheesecake is a classic dessert that works well for a jewel-toned inspired event. Top with edible purple glitter for a fun twist.
- For an unexpected twist, try basil gelato. This savory dessert will wow your guests!
Rental Table Linen and Accessories
- Radiant orchid, the official color of 2014, is still going strong this year, so incorporate this color into your rental table linen.
- Accent your tablescape with a sea sponge blue charger plate and gold- or copper-plated silverware.
- Adorn chairs with garland for a pop of color. Tie with a ribbon in a lighter shade.
Decorations and Table Decor
- Florals are everything for a jewel tone event. Mix together bouquets of roses and hydrangeas in red, magenta and purple. Place these in a gold vase for extra accents.
- Use jewel-toned glasses in colors like copper, emerald, amethyst, sapphire and more for a stylish touch.
- Hang purple and blue jewel-toned garland wherever possible—the more the better!
What are your favorite jewel-toned event ideas? Let me know by leaving a comment below!
Planner / Styling / Photo Credit:
Debi Lilly / A Perfect Event / Averyhouse
Table Linen: Silver Cailsta Overlay
Table Linen: Emerald Lamour
Napkin: Emerald Lamour
Charger: Luxe Emerald Green